The never-ending adventures of a travel writer in Vietnam, Cambodia, New Zealand and throughout the Asia-Pacific region.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Two Things Vietnam and America Both Have in Common

1. They both have party-controlled media.

Regardless of which candidate you support, there is no question that the state of the american news media is profoundly frightening. Never did I imagine I would see a time when the media was directly controlled by political parties just as it is in a communist country. I have been stunned as I sit in Vietnam and watch the media verifiably lie. Likewise I've sat in awe as I watched, listened and read over the internet as the American media sought to destroy private citizens for merely answering tough questions of candidates. SOS American--you are in trouble.

2. They've both had John McCain.



McCain wrote in his memoirs that he was forced to give this propaganda interview against his will. The fact that he is crying in bed with his arms and legs broken lends some credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment