The never-ending adventures of a travel writer in Vietnam, Cambodia, New Zealand and throughout the Asia-Pacific region.

Monday, June 1, 2009

On the subject of Police roadblocks for tourist drivers

I received this today:

"You are correct when you say that the police are destroying the tourist business in Mui Ne. I went through your town on my way to visit my family in Nha Trang. I thought it was the most beautiful place in Vietnam (that is say a lot!). I had planned to come there for a week vacation with my wife and daughter this March, however the disgusting targeting of tourist for what seems to be under-the-table profits for the police kept me away. You should know, that was at least $5000 of profits that did not go to Mui Ne. Instead we went o Hue where the police do not use tourists to steal their money. If this persists, your town is doomed. Good luck to you. I hope these stupid police learn the lesson before you all lose your businesses."

--Mr. KW, California

No comments:

Post a Comment