The never-ending adventures of a travel writer in Vietnam, Cambodia, New Zealand and throughout the Asia-Pacific region.

Friday, September 10, 2010

I Was "Featured" at TED & Never Knew It

I accidentally stumbled upon a video at the TED "Ideas Worth Spreading" series that is so en vogue now. In it, Dr. Sue Savage-Rumbaugh (who I might add is as pleasant to work with as her name sounds) presents some recent highlights of her work with Kanzi and other bonobos in her language research program. The video was presented in 2004. I worked at their Atlanta lab in 2001, where I took care of Kanzi and the other bonobos. There are two shots, it just so happens, where I appear in the background. Can you spot them?

See the video here:
http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_savage_rumbaugh_on_apes_that_write.html

No comments:

Post a Comment