Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas is launching an international youth competition to search for a Roving Elephant Reporter aged between 7 and 15 to ensuring that the King’s Cup Elephant Polo Tournament (Sept. 4-11, 2011) celebrates its tenth anniversary from a truly unique point of view.
The young winner will become a media star in the making as they report on the week long event and much, much more, as well as enjoying an all expenses paid seven night stay at Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa, Thailand, with an accompanying adult, including return air fares.
The winner of Anantara’s hunt for a Roving Elephant Reporter will become a star of the ele polo circuit, delivering international coverage of the captivating games from a VIP pitch-side seat. Exclusive interviews with Cherry the Elephant Vet and Director of Elephants, John Roberts, will allow the Roving Elephant Reporter to investigate behind the scenes with Anantara’s most experienced elephant gurus. In addition to commentating and meeting the pros, an audience that includes the almighty All Blacks rugby players, and perhaps even a member of royalty, will also offer chances for celebrity spotting.
Beyond the gripping trunk to trunk action on the field and famous spectator faces, the Roving Elephant Reporter will explore the Hua Hin area to report on journeys rich with local discovery. Anantara’s presenter will visit the exquisite teak wood palace of love and hope - Maruekhathaiyawan - one of the oldest and most treasured royal palaces in Thailand. An elephant trek through a local vineyard will also invite the reporter’s parent to refresh their own adventurous spirit with an expert tasting session. A specially devised kid’s cooking class will see the correspondent master the art of one of the world’s most popular cuisines as they recreate simple Thai dishes that appeal to their tender palate. While a day spent playing in the gentle waves of Hua Hin’s long golden shore will round off the privileged press trip in Thailand’s royal seaside town.
To enter this elephantastic competition, simply submit/upload a short video lasting between one and two minutes to www.facebook.com/anantara
- Press “Like”;
- Go to ‘Share’ on the main wall
- Click ‘Video’, where you have a choice of recording a video with your webcam or uploading a pre-prepared video and tell us why you should be chosen as Anantara’s Roving Elephant Reporter.
- Alternatively, mail the CD to I Want To Be An Elephant Reporter, Anantara Hotels, 18th Floor Berli Jucker House, 99 Soi Rubia, Sukhumvit Soi 42, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
The contestant with the best video entry, as voted by our elephant experts will be invited to spend seven fun filled nights on a full board basis with an accompanying adult at Anantara Hua Hin Resort & Spa, including return flights, accommodation, daily activities and transport.
Tell the world your amazing elephant tales with Anantara as your guide.
Terms & conditions:
Contestants must be aged between 7 and 15 years
- Videos must be between 1 and 2 minutes long
- Contestants may be of any nationality, but present their video in English
- Entries must be submitted by August 1st
- The competition winner will be announced on August 4th, 2011
- Must be available to participate in the tournament from Sept 4 – 11, 2011
- Contact organizers for full terms & conditions