The never-ending adventures of a travel writer in Vietnam, Cambodia, New Zealand and throughout the Asia-Pacific region.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crossing That Bridge [Photos]

Crossing bridges has become a poignant metaphor for my life this year, as big changes have come along my path, none of which I've had much control over. The only choice has been to step across in faith (or perhaps to jump off). Some bridges are more challenging than others, especially when passing an opposing force, but each time new adventures await on the other side.




The wooden suspension bridge above is one of many still actively used in Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Hi, My cousin and I are thinking of spending Christmas and New Years in Vietnam and Cambodia, dates are from Dec 20 to Jan 3. Any suggestion on things to do and places to go? I think you're the perfect person to ask, I hope you don't mind. Please do email me back at splatdom@yahoo.com. Appreciate it!

Adam Bray said...

Hi Ana,

I'll answer you hear so others can benefit too. Christmas & New Years is a fun time to be in Vietnam. To get in on the Christmas spirit, its fun to be in a major city and/or a town with a big Catholic or Protestant population. This includes District 1 Saigon, Downtown Hanoi, or my home town, Phan Thiet. If you are going to be in a beach resort area, make sure you have advanced reservations. Mui Ne is mostly booked several months ahead. You can check availability at www.muinebeach.net. Most things will remain open through the holidays in both Cambodia and Vietnam, but since it is high tourist season, prices will also be higher than normal. Have a great trip!

Post a Comment