The never-ending adventures of a travel writer in Vietnam, Cambodia, New Zealand and throughout the Asia-Pacific region.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Greetings 2012

Merry Christmas to all my friends across the world; you my new friends in New Zealand who I've been blessed to meet, you friends in the US--most of whom I've known since college days, my dear friends in Vietnam and Cambodia over the last decade, and a few of you who have been scattered elsewhere across the globe. I'm spending this Christmas in Wellington--something quite unplanned--much like a certain Christmas in a small fishing town east of Saigon in 2003. Although I feel most fortunate to spend this holiday season in beautiful New Zealand, a part of my heart will always wander the city streets of Phan Thiet late on Christmas eve, with crowds of friends and neighbors under canopies of colored lights and bright red Christmas stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment